Ireland

Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 20 of 32
< Prev Next >
Kilkenny Castle
Kilkenny Castle was originally built as an Anglo-Norman stone castle during the first decade of the 13th century. It was purchased by James Butler, 3rd Earl of Ormond, in 1391, and remained the principal residence of the Butler family until 1967, when it was sold to the town of Kilkenny for a nominal price.